As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases
Pitha is one kind of cake. Bangladeshi and Indian people know this cake very well. PatiShapta Pitha is one of the most popular foods in Bengali and Indian culture. There are some delicious pitha like PatiShapta Pitha like Puli Pitha, Vapa Pitha, PatiShapta Pitha, Pakon Pitha. Winter is really the time to eat pies. Sometimes it is seen that some people make this pitha on the road-side, and people enjoy this pitha very much. Pitha-puli has been associated with Bengal’s own traditions for ages. Due to the variation of pitha according to the area, the villages of our country have developed a unique culture based on pitha! The popularity of pitha is increasing day by day not only in rural areas but also in cities.Patisapat pitha is our favorite. Today I will share the recipe for how to make delicious Kheer PatiShapta Pitha very easily.
How to make Kheer PatiShapta?
Almost all of us know how to make this pie. This recipe will be very helpful for those who are new cooks and want to make Kheersa PatiShapta in an easy way. PatiShapta pitha can be made in different ways. Many people make dates with molasses (Khejur Gur), many people give coconut, and some make it with powdered milk and semolina. The main test of PatiShapta comes from the inner pulp or milk (Kheer or Kheersa ). So if the kheer is delicious, the pitha will taste absolutely perfect. Without further ado let’s look at the ingredients first.
What are the ingredients?
To make kheer you will need-
- Liquid milk- 500 ml.
- Powdered milk- 2 tbsp
- Sugar- 1/2 cup
- Cardamom powder- little
- Semolina- 2 tsp
To make pitha you will need-
- Rice powder- 1 cup
- Flour- 1/2 cup
- Powdered milk- 2 tsp
- Sugar- 3 tbsp
- Salt- 1 pinch
Useful Tools For Making Pitha
- Food processor
- electric mixer
- pie plate
- measuring cups
- measuring spoons
- rubber spatula
“Useful Tools” and “Kitchen Essentials” are good tools but not mandatory. You can use whatever you have to go through.
Method of making Kheer PatiShapta
1) First boil the liquid milk and thicken it. Now mix sugar and semolina in milk and keep stirring.
2) Adding powdered milk to it gives a very nice creamy texture, and the taste is also very good. Add powdered milk and stir well so that the dal does not curdle.
3) When it thickens, sprinkle a little cardamom powder in the curd. By the way, PatiShapta is ready.
4) Now take a big bowl and mix together flour, rice powder, milk powder, sugar, and a little salt.
5) Add enough water to make a batter. The batter should neither be too thick nor too thin.
6) Then heat a nonstick pan or tawa and brush with ghee. Pour the pitha batter into the pan with the help of a round spoon.
7) Take the handle of the pan and spread it around, it will be shaped like round bread.
8) Now fry pitha carefully with Kheersa in one corner. Keep the flame of the stove very low.
9) Fry the pitha upside down and take it out. Prepare pitha one by one like this.
So you see, in a very short time, with few ingredients, you can make a great-tasting Kheer PatiShapta! You can also use Khejur Gur (dates with molasses) instead of sugar. Enjoy delicious pita in the mood of winter. Today till now, I will come again with a new recipe. Stay well and be safe.